Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

An Irish Prayer


May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends, A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.



_________________________________________________________________________


I had another doctor's appointment today with my family doctor. My INR was at a 2.1! Yay, I'm still within the normal range! And we joked that this year I'm only allowed to wear green, not eat green (since most leafy greens contain Vitamin K, which counteracts the Coumadin/Warfarin).


Today we ran a few errands after the appointment and those completely exhausted me. I now have a killer headache. But one thing happened while we were shopping that brought me such joy! You see, there is this one guy at our local Walmart and he always works in the produce section. I love it when he's there because he has one of the most beautiful whistles I've ever heard. Not only that, but he whistles classical music with such accurate precision that he brings smiles to the faces of the most serious, frantic shoppers. 


Well, today he was whistling none other than "O' Danny Boy!" And if that doesn't put you in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, then I don't know what will! Even if we move and/or stop shopping at Walmart later in our lives, I will always remember this gentleman, his incredible whistling, and the soothing feeling of hearing his music in an unexpected location, whenever I am in a produce section.


And tomorrow'll be a great day because we are heading to Staunton to meet up with my parents for lunch and then to see "Much Ado About Nothing" at Blackfriar's Playhouse! Very excited!


Thank you to Wanda for the delicious spaghetti and apple pie! YUM. 


Thank you to Kim (Jim's mom) for the yummy cookies & gifts delivered by John (J's dad) yesterday, as he passed through our area!

No comments:

Post a Comment