Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Huckleberry Trail

Let me start by saying that I love the name of this trail. It's enticing enough without actually knowing what you're getting into. I always think of my grandma when I hear about huckleberries because she used to go and pick these berries and make them into jam. She would find the bushes along the Clarion River, where my parents have their summer cabin. But now there's a trail with its namesake, as well!

We've been on many walks on this trail and I took Leif on one, short bike trip earlier this year. But yesterday I hopped on my bike and went all by myself.

The trail, in full, lived up to my expectations. I rode from Blacksburg to Christiansburg and it is a beautiful trail, with perhaps even some locks (canal lock), and train tunnels and it follows a brook for parts of it. It's just beautiful and it's local.

And it's named the Huckleberry Trail. Who wouldn't love it with a name like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment