Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days




Today marks my second snow day in a row for a total of 2.5 snow days this week!

Thrilled though I am about these snow days, I am a bit concerned that the prefixes, analogies, and newspaper/informational texts lessons I had planned for this week will be a bit rushed when we finally get back! My students take their SOL benchmark test on Tuesday, the day after Martin Luther King Day.... a three day weekend anyway... get the picture? Eek!

Yesterday, I must admit I lounged around and had my typical first day of vacation. I hardly got off of the couch or the bed. It was lovely! I did make a very cute, scarf-like flip thing. I don't
know what to call it, but I love it.



Today, the second day, has already gotten off to a vastly different start but it may return to a day like yesterday. I got up earlier, at 8 AM, but still "slept in" as I normally try to get up before 6 AM. I walked the dogs, checked emails, made coffee, ate cereal, washed the dishes (2 days old) and cleaned the kitchen counters, toaster oven, and stovetop. Apparently that wasn't enough for my motivated self this morning, so I swept the dining room, kitchen and bathroom and THEN mopped each of those floors! Yay me! This hardly ever happens, unfortunately or fortunately. I then changed out some pictures from frames and added new ones.

Now, here I sit at 11:36 AM. It's still morning? Yes!

Who knows what the rest of the day will hold? Relaxation or more motivation? At the moment I am thinking that I may find a new movie on Netflix (we started our free trial yesterday!) and begin knitting something new with the dogs snuggled nearby.

Unfortunately, Jim is in major study mode with a test this afternoon and then his final rounds of tests next week. A bit overwhelmed, he is plugging away. Send prayers and happy thoughts his way!

He heads to Honduras in less than 2 weeks! For those who don't know, he is going on a trip with VCOM (Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine) for a week. While there he will be working with a partner and meeting with patients in need. They will be collaborating with a doctor the entire time- great way to get field experience and discover that this is really where he needs to be!

I'll leave you with this....any suggestions for movies to watch? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment