Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Morning

It's Mother's Day today and I am waking up in a quiet bed, after sleeping the whole night. Anyone who knows what life's been like since Ian was born knows that this is a very new thing. He's just now (and we're just now pushing him to) making it through the night without nursing. Jim's been going in to him every night throughout this vacation and he's been sleeping much longer. What a guy!!

I'm still lying here at 8:16 AM listening to Ian play somewhere in the house and Jim prepping breakfast while the words and music of "You are the best thing that's ever happened to me..." winds it's way to my ears. It's a perfect morning.

Soon, I'll get out of bed and go cuddle this little bundle of joy. But I may just savor a few more sounds, banters back and forth between the papa and son, moments, and the gift Jim's giving me right now.
Oh, how I love being this little boy's mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment