Friday, November 18, 2016

Inside-Outside

Gosh. 

The time warp of being a parent is so totally mysterious. How have we already hit Owen's Inside-Outside Day!?!? Owen was born on February 10th, at 39 weeks, 3 days of time spent in the womb. On Saturday, he hit the same amount of time in our arms. 

I didn't get many pictures of his pregnancy, other than everyday life photos. So it is really special to have these from my friend, Holly Deng, at Deng Good Life Photography. She took our Christmas photos and took a couple maternity shots for me, too. I will cherish them forever.

As I look through and reminisce, I can't help but be astounded by the ability of my body to create such an incredible little life as Owen David. To not only grow a baby, but birth that baby into the world, and then sustain and nourish that baby for the first year (plus) of his life. That's remarkable.
 This was taken not long before he was born!
 Here we are right after we arrived at the hospital and then right after Owen was born.
I promised myself that I would give my body more grace as it adapted and recovered from birth, but I haven't done as great a job of it as I would have liked. I felt so empowered by Owen's birth and I continue to feel that way.

One of my friends stated that our bodies should be forever changed because we are forever changed after having a baby. And she's SO spot on. Ian & Owen have each entered the world and forever changed it, just as they have changed me.
 Being a mama is the most exhausting, rewarding, painful, awe-inspiring, lovely adventure I have ever been a part of. This is one of those events that could get overlooked, but I want to celebrate!!!
 I'm starting to recognize myself again. But Owen's known me as one and the same the entire time. So has Ian. And so has Jim. I'm grateful for this pack of boys I get to call my family.
Happy Inside-Outside Day, to Owen & Me!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment