Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Election 2016

Today I have been heavy and weary. I am equal parts bewildered, frustrated, angry, pained, and distraught thinking of the world my children will be growing up in during the next few years.  Today I needed to mourn. Today I needed some space. And I may still need those things tomorrow.

I am choosing love because, as the great MLK said, "Hate is too great a burden to bear."

The coming months and years are going to be hard. But these boys need us to get out of bed each morning, have hard and open conversations, and learn how to walk in this world with peace, acceptance, grace, and hope. 

We were never promised that this life would be easy. We were promised suffering and trials. 
I have to hold on to  faith and I have to hold on to the reminder that we are here to serve. 

We are here to love.

Today changes none of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment