Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happy birthday, Grumps!


Happy birthday to my dad who turns 60 today!!! 
Not only is it the big 6-0, but it is his first birthday as a grandpa. 
And boy, does he love being a grandpa so far...


Growing up we jokingly told Dad that his grandchildren would have to call him "Grumps." No explanation needed. When we got pregnant I asked him what he'd like to be called and he thought about it and said, "Grumps." So, there it is. I still can't believe it, but I think it's funny and strangely sweet.


We look forward to many visits filled with music for Ian Forrester.

We also look forward to a weekend of celebrating his birthday with him in Pennsylvania, surrounded by his mother, sister, niece and her family, and of course, us! A swiss fondue is in the works for Saturday night. I'm sure that there's no better way to celebrate his fall birthday than 
with a fondue and his first grandchild.



See you soon, Daddio!

No comments:

Post a Comment