One week of this summer was spent on river time. Our days revolved around family, eating, kayaking, swimming, playing games (crochet, badminton, cornhole, & a new frisbee game), campfires, sleeping, and as many other ventures and activities we could throw into the mix.
Here are a bunch of pictures from our time there. Let me just say that I LOVE our new camera. We bought a refurbished one from B&H Photo in NYC in preparation for those precious moments we want to capture in our childrens' lives. Most of these were taken with it, except for the kayaking & berry-picking ones.
Sorry for the tiny pictures, but there were just so many moments to capture!
- Time with Grandma, Aunt Beth, Julie, Jake, Hazel & Heidi. Cute kisses to my belly from the two little ones :)
- Meeting James, Phoebe's boyfriend for the first time and getting schooled in crochet. Next year we want a rematch!
- Conversations around the campfire every evening.
- Hiking Cathedral Pines with James, Phoebe, Jim & Leif and creek walking.
- Kayaking with the whole family to the ice cream place!
- Going to the Boalsburg Craft Fair with Mom and Phoebe.
- Celebrating my 27th birthday at my favorite place and while being pregnant and getting wonderful gifts for baby! Yummy steak dinner & chocolate cake!
- Playing with Leif in the water and learning that he is happy to swim upstream for 45 min to 1 hour.
- Delicious bread from Dad's CREO (Clarion River Earth Oven).
- Hiking through the woods and into the marsh to pick blueberries with Willem, Mom, Dad, & Jim.
- Yahtzee on our last evening.
While at The Pinery we crossed into being 30 weeks pregnant!
Thank you to Mom & Dad for hosting us for a week! Thanks to Willem & Phoebe for being there while we were there, so that we could all be together. We're looking forward to river time again in the future, but next time with the first grandchild in tow :)