I cannot live without sharpies; I absolutely adore the packs of MANY sharpies with every color imaginable and I use them ALL the time. So, when I saw this post on Pinterest I knew that this was a project for me.
And, what better time to try it out than for a three year old's birthday!?
- Blank mug, bowl, plate. etc.
1) Choose your blank mug, bowl, plate, etc. For this I used a plate!
2) Layout your design on something you don't mind ruining!
3) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4) Draw the design on the front of the plate. Don't forget to write the date, occasion, or little note on the underside/back (Like I did!)
5) Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
6) Let it cool!
7) Then use or wrap it and make sure to choose pretty paper or use newspaper ;) Fortunately this three year old didn't mind!
A fishy plate for a fishing birthday party!
I see many more craft projects like this in my near future. Easy and fun. Thank you to Pinterest for the idea and thank you to Hazel for having a birthday and a reason to get crafty!