Saturday, June 11, 2011

(almost) Start of Summer

Yesterday, as per tradition at my school, the teachers went outside and sang "Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!" while waving to the students as they departed on their buses. Students were reaching out the windows, stretching their hands back to us to say goodbye. Screaming teacher's names and running up to give us hugs before hopping on the bus for the last time this year. It's always the students who surprise you, too.

But the summer has not quite begun yet. We still have two teacher workdays and much still needs to be done. However, this weekend I do not need to spend any time grading student work or papers. I also do not need to create any lesson plans! This afternoon I spent a few hours lying in the hammock and reading and not once did I feel guilty for not coming up with a better activity for a lesson or a better twist on a project!

Complete and utter bliss.

Thank you to everyone who has walked with me through this year. It's been a challenging, exciting, and purposeful year of growth for me. I could not have done it without many of you. Thanks for your wisdom, ideas, encouragement, and strength.


Much like coaxing our puppy Leif to cross the stream and showing him that he can withstand the current, many of you did the same for me.

You know who you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment