Friday, January 23, 2015

Happy Birthday, Pheebs!

Happy birthday, Aunt Phoebe!!!

I cannot fathom what life would have been like without my little sister. We have our moments and can show each other raw emotions that few others will ever see, but she'll always be the only person (that is, other than Uncle John) who can make me laugh until I cry. I've always loved her so. And I sure am glad that Mom & Dad heeded my advice and didn't name her "Soapie!!" (Okay, maybe Sophie wasn't so bad... but no child should be named Soapie, which is what I heard and thought they were suggesting.)

Here she is holding Ian for the first time ever. 
She teared up and he was completely enamored by her. 
It's a tight bond people have who share the middle name Forrester.

Dear Aunt Phoebe,

I hope you are having a good time in France! I like seeing you on the computer when you talk with Mama. It confuses me sometimes and I just wish I could touch you. If I could, I would show you that I know where to find your nose, your ear, your mouth, and your eyes. Mama says that we'll see you in Switzerland in April! I'll be able to show you all I know when we meet.

I've gotten pretty good at throwing a ball overhand. I think it's time for you and James to teach me how to play frisbee. That is, if you wouldn't mind...?

 Anyway, sometimes I look for you outside my window. I look forward to the day when you can come to my house again and play with my toys with me. I really like the tractor you gave me. I drive it around outside.

I hope you have a very happy birthday today! 
Eat some chocolate for me, since I'm still not allowed!! 
Know that I miss you; we all do. 

See you in Switzerland!

LOVE,
Ian Forrester
(& Käthe and Jim)

No comments:

Post a Comment