Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bath Fun: 15-16 months!!

No one ever said that I was good at paring down the number of pictures I take or post of Ian. I think it might be impossible for me. I have a problem. He's down for a nap right now and what am I doing? Looking at pictures of him and writing his 15-16 month post!

Yes, somehow our child is now SIXTEEN months old! Wowzers. I never got a 15 month post up, so this one will have to do!

I have to say, that this is a really, really fun age. That's the best thing about raising a child. Every stage has such fun and unique new beginnings. He's communicating his wants and wishes, becoming more and more independent, purposefully affectionate, and understanding how things work and what we're saying. The kid is astonishing.
Since Jim's been completing block nights this month, I've had bath duty. It's been hard having Jim away or busy or sleeping this month, but we are trying to make the most of it. Bath time has been one of my favorite times of the day. He loves to interact, but he also loves to banter to himself and play. It's a joy to sit on that uncomfortable toilet lid and just observe for 20 minutes.

When the water first goes into the tub, Ian stays right there. This orange cup has holes in the bottom that create somewhat of a shower effect. He used to get frustrated when I'd stop the water, but now he's learned that it's just what happens. It's part of the bath time experience.

It used to be that for him to get wet, we'd have to pour water over him. Not so anymore! He's got it figured out.
 His personality has really come through. He's a dedicated, determined, spunky, active, sensitive, and bright little boy! There are many pictures here that show his spunk & energy... those faces. And so, I present to you our 16 month-old goofball!!





Here he's mid babble, excitedly telling me something
as if I know exactly what he's talking about. One day!

Care to fence?
Creating waves.


Excuse me?



Fish face.

This is my tongue.
This is my nose.
This is my ear.
You got that?!
At some point he normally starts pointing to the bath mat,
expecting me to tell him what he's pointing to. "Blue fish!"
In the end he signs "all done" and points to his toothbrush on the sink, signifying the end of bath time. Believe it or not, this bright-eyed boy is ready to hit the hay. 
One could get lost in those eyes.
Happy 15-16 months, dear bather!!

You love: going biking(!), putting things away and in stacks, saying "bubye" to people & things, pointing to body parts (noses, ears, eyes, mouths, toes, shoulders, heads), throwing overhand with great aim and arch, pestering Leif not-so-gently (sigh), "chatting" in the car, sitting to eat at your own Ian-sized table, playing in your tunnels, sitting in the swings, shaking your head "no," saying "dah" for yes, watching trucks go by, seeing Papa come in the door, putting the toilet lid down, watching "birs" at the birdfeeders, reading and being comfy while you're reading, "helping" to empty the dishwasher (he actually does put the measuring cups in the correct place), standing up in the fridge, climbing into cabinets, attempting to walk to the playground, letting us know when you're ready to rest, and giving hugs and kisses of your own will.

We love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment