Saturday, June 9, 2012

Harbor

This week has been quite the whirlwind for me! Let's just say that I've left the comfortable shoreline, fought a few storms, found a new horizon, and am that much stronger for it.

I've been moved from my middle school English position to an elementary school. My heart really lies at the elementary school level and so I am thrilled to be returning to teaching the younger grades! I'm still awaiting the final word on which grade I'll be teaching, but it will be coming in the next week or two.

While washing dishes I was listening to this song on Pandora and I felt it truly portrayed my week. Look it up! For now, here are the lyrics:


"Harbor" by Vienna Teng

We're here where the daylight begins
The fog on the streetlight slowly thins
Water on water's the way
The safety of shoreline fading away
Clarion River, PA

Sail your sea
Meet your storm
All I want is to be your harbor
The light in me
Will guide you home
All I want is to be your harbor

A Bayou in Louisiana

Fear is the brightest of signs
The shape of the boundary you leave behind
So sing all your questions to sleep
The answers are out there in the drowning deep

Kachemak Bay, Alaska
Sail your sea
Meet your storm
All I want is to be your harbor
The light in me
Will guide you home
All I want is to be your harbor
A tributary & waterfall on the Shenandoah River, Virginia

You've got a journey to make
There's your horizon to chase
So go far beyond where we stand
No matter the distance

I'm holding your hand


Sail your sea
Meet your storm
All I want is to be your harbor
The light in me
Will guide you home
All I want is to be your harbor
Maho Bay, St. John in the Virgin Islands
Sail your sea
Meet your storm
All I want is to be your harbor
The light in me
Will guide you home
All I want is to be your harbor



May we all be able to sail our sea, meet our storm, and be guided home to a safe harbor :)

3 comments:

  1. So pleased for your successful navigating through the rapids. Shawsville will miss you terribly but you paddle on...
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Exciting stuff! Can't wait to hear which grade you get to inspire this coming year. :)

    ReplyDelete