Thursday, August 11, 2011

First (teacher) Day

Today marks the first day of the school year for me. Tuesday I took my final day of summer and yesterday I went in to school voluntarily to meet with another teacher and begin organizing my wreck of a classroom, due to summer renovations in my room.

But today is the first required day back. Not only that, but it is also Back to School Night! Yes, you read that right. Now do you see why I went into school yesterday? I went in to take the stack of furniture out from underneath the tarps and from it's two leveled height on one side of the room. The janitor, whom I love, assisted me in wiping the few milimeters of dust off of all of the surfaces. It's been a long summer for many at my school.

With all this, I have remained calm. Today, I am determined, will be no exception. And when I do start stressing and freaking out, I hope to remember my time at the river and with loving friends and family. I am so blessed to have so many talented, loving, and caring people in my life. They have rejuvenated me this summer. While I am never ready to bid farewell to summer, I know that this summer was well-spent. I know that my heart is ready to pour into a new set of students.






1 comment:

  1. I was thinking today, as I drove toward home, how proud I am to be your mom. I hope that all went well today--what a challenging way to start a school year!

    ReplyDelete