Thursday, May 31, 2018

March 2018

The chickens started laying again in March!
 I took the glucose test one Thursday afternoon and Jim sent me to the beach for some time for myself, too. It was lovely!!

 The boys always insist on a bedtime snack, so here they are with their bananas while Jim reads a bedtime story. Ian and Jim have been reading The Little House on the Prairie books before bed.
 I failed the first glucose test and had to take the three hour test (as I had to do during Ian's pregnancy, too). I remember it being absolutely horrible during Ian's pregnancy and feeling like I was going to faint, but this time wasn't so bad. I had a few hours to myself to read in a waiting room... funny how my perspective has changed a wee bit ;)
 Owen went through a phase of lining everything up in a row, right about the time that Ian did every puzzle in the house multiple times daily. Love those boys.
 The face of a boy listening to his favorite song on the radio! The Fox Ran Out on a Chilly Night came on and he was all smiles.
 The weathermen predicted 12-20 inches, so Ian and I decided we should probably bake some cookies :)


 I think they were mostly right. We got about 14 inches, with more that came right after it.





With these two boys, the house is only still when they are sleeping. Imagine my surprise when I didn't hear from them for minutes on end. Slightly terrified, I slipped up the stairs to discover this scene. Reading, cuddled up, and listening to a book on CD. Love them.
 Braving the snow :)
 Thursday afternoons mean Papa's home a bit earlier and the boys get to relish in this extra gift of time.
 Haircut fun. Jim made it into a mohawk before shaving it completely off.

 This brotherly bond is strong. May it always be so.
"Want to sit with me, Owen?"
"Yeah!"

 Some photos make them look EXACTLY ALIKE! Everyone says that Ian is Jim's mini-me.
 Oh, to be a dog.
 We finally crawled out of our den of sickness for a BEAUTIFUL day of sledding at Wagon Hill. What a gem to live so close to.






 Another great visit to Seacoast Science Center...


 More bread exploits. With 10-14 inches of snow expected!
 Someone got to bedshare last night and one teensy hand was resting on my neck when we woke up. So unbelievably sweet!
 Jim's clinic actually close today! His first snow day of the year.
 Snow day snuggles. Not sure it can get any sweeter!
 That morning glow!
 Simple snow fun that never seems to get old!
 Snowy driveway.
 Over St. Patrick's Day weekend in March we drove to Pennsylvania to visit Jim's side of the family! We went to Gramee & Grandpa's new home for the first time and all of the cousins enjoyed playing in the creek.
 That Saturday we had a big family dinner with Jim's aunt Carla and her husband and son. Gramee planned a fun Easter egg hunt and Jim's cousin Logan hid the eggs for the little ones to find. She also planned a scavenger hunt, and each kid got a few gifts, books, and goodies. It was so thoughtful and all of us thoroughly enjoyed watching these kiddos search together.
Owen (2), Seraphina (2.75), Ian (4.5)
The whole family was together for the first time since Owen was about three months old.
 One of the bloopers from that weekend. So thankful for these guys of mine.
































I may update this later... but wanted to post the rest of the March pics. April to come... Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment