Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Home Sweet Home

One week ago now the boys, my parents & I all arrived at our new home for the very first time. We took a couple of days and nights and made the trek up from my parents' home. We enjoyed hotel pools, dinner at a Hibachi restaurant (what a treat and the boys were mesmerized!), pulling off the road during a deluge and flash flooding, and lots of time bonding in the car :)
 And THEN, we arrived at our new home! HOORAY!! It was my first time seeing it; Jim had come up in February when we put an offer down on the house (offer was placed before even seeing it, too!).

People have been asking for my honest opinion and it's that I absolutely love it. So do my parents. And Ian keeps saying, "I really like our house." Sure, there are things we will want to fix & enhance, but overall, it's a beautiful home and matches our needs & even all of our wants to a tee. I'm still marveling at what a great fit it is for our little family.

Here are some sneak peeks from the midst of our first week :)
 Huge backyard, 3 acres.
Post and beam construction.
 Here's the outside from near the back of the yard.
 I love the details of this home.
 Let's just leave this picture here. It was a horrendous night with the movers. Like the worst possible experience ever. This picture was taken at about 3 AM. I didn't get to sleep until 3:45 AM. Insane.
 The house was too quiet. I found this guy reading on his new little shelf :)
 Our table, made by Jim, just breathes in this space. It's lovely.
 I've hung up a few things around our house so far. Here's one from a friend who's been such a blessing. She gave this to me the night before we left and it's so significant and beautiful to me. I will cherish it always. Our home is filled with items like this that bring us joy and remind us of dear and talented family & friends.
 This swing was here when we arrived and it's made Ian SO happy! Dad obliged and pushed him in it whenever he asked. Ian shouts, "I'm flying!!!"
 Morning light in those windows.
 A mantle to enjoy decorating. Aunt Lizzy's painting displayed front and center <3
 Watermelon on the porch because.... summer.
 Our bedroom.
 My parents left today after staying with us for a week. I cannot thank them enough for all of their help, support, love, patience, & compassion. So many errands, meals, activities, play times with the boys, cleaning places, laundry loads... you name it, they did it. We've been so blessed. This was how they both spent there first 11 days of summer. I am one lucky daughter. Thank you for loving all of us so well. We miss you already.

And so begins life in NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!!!

1 comment: