Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happy Summer!

I can finally say those two words because it's FINALLY summer. The solstice came and went last weekend and we celebrated with going to the Summer Solstice Festival in Blacksburg.

But really, we've been celebrating summer for a couple of weeks now, it seems. It's been quite hot and Ian's body weight has been mostly consisting of watermelon for the last month or so.
 With short hikes with friends, time at the pool, play dates, chicken-visiting, and playing with Leif, we've kept quite busy.

It never quite feels like summer until I've been to The Pinery and that happens NEXT WEEK! Ian and I will be there to visit with my parents, brother, and my uncle and his family from Washington state. I cannot wait to meet my newest cousins and to see Ian enjoying the river in all its glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment